Since the introduction of AMSOIL synthetic motor oil in 1972, AMSOIL has gone
on to develop the most complete line of synthetic lubricants and automotive
products in the world. The history of AMSOIL product innovations is a checklist
of industry firsts. AMSOIL "firsts" in motor oil, two-cycle oil,
gear lube, grease, air filter and oil filter technology are proof-positive
of the AMSOIL commitment to innovation.
The Company of Firsts
AMSOIL has a documented history of innovation and leadership.
* First to develop an API-rated 100 percent synthetic
* First to introduce the concept of "extended drain intervals" with
a recommended 25,000-mile/1-year drain interval.
* First U.S. company to utilize the NOACK volatility test as a standard of
* First to produce synthetic motor oils for diesel engines, racing engines,
turbo and marine engines.
* First to introduce synthetic oils that legitimately contribute to improving
* First to manufacture synthetic gear lube for automotive use.
* First to manufacture a 100:1 pre-mix synthetic 2-cycle oil.
* First to manufacture a synthetic automatic transmission fluid for automotive